Monday, March 6, 2017

Lexi Talks: Caraval


Image result for Caraval

Title: Caraval
Author: Stephanie Garber
Genre: Ya, Fantasy

_______

Welcome! Welcome! To Caraval where everything is not what it seems, but know however real the nights may seem, it is all just a game. A game that, for Scarlet, was far more compelling when she was writing letters to the man behind the scenes, Legend, for years. Then just before her wedding, she finally gets a response along with three tickets, one for her, one for her sister, and one for her fiance. Then a dashing sailor sweeps them both away. Now she is in Caraval where everything is a game, and no one is telling the truth.

This book. Oh my god this book! I was partner-reading this book with my friend over at Laurensboooktalks, but I ended up leaving her in the dust because I couldn't put this down. I cannot believe how much I enjoyed this. (I know I say this every single time but dang it I have been reading some quality books lately)

This was the perfect start of a series that didn't come off as clique whatsoever. Never have I seen a world so compelling and magical with the creeping dark side since Midsummer at Fablehaven. (anyone?)

For some reason, my only thought as I read that was "we must not speak to goblin men". We can only wait and see what talking to the ultimate Goblin Man, Legend, will do for Scarlet in later books.

No comments:

Post a Comment