Saturday, February 11, 2017

Lexi Talks: The Pants Project



Title: The Pants Project
Author: Cat Clarke
Genre: LGBTQ+/ Coming of Age/ Middle Grade
Pages: 272
Publication Date: March 7, 2017
_____
When I picked up this ARC from the library, I knew immediately that I would love it. The story of a F-to-M sixth grader standing up for what he believes and coming to terms with who he is? Um, yes! Liv's story is one very close to my heart. I was there with my best friend as he struggled to get people to see who he really was, a boy. 
And here's the thing, this isn't one of those hokey "I'm writing this to get a different audience" books. This is written with the voice of a sixth grade boy. Liv loves comic books and Transformers and Legos. His little brother is annoying and his two moms are protective and nurturing. Oh, and his two moms are absolutely the sweetest family I've ever seen. They are the model for the perfect family, eating together, talking to each other, days out with each parent.
That's only part of the reason that I love this book. 
This is the book I needed in my middle school years, in fact, I know a few people that it would have helped. That said, this is a very important book for everyone as it deals with everything from gender identity to bullying to friendships.
Go Super-Liv!
Cheers,
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment