Saturday, May 26, 2018

Lexi Talks: A Touch Of Magic

Title: A Touch Of Magic (Fae-Touched Book 1)
Author: Isabelle Adler
Genre: LGBT, Romance, Adult Fantasy
Verdict: 4.5 Stars And A Magic Show To Never Forget

_____


*Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for the free copy in return for an honest review*
*Spoilers Ahoy!*

 Now let me start by saying that this book took my completely by surprise. After years of searching for a well-written LGBT fantasy romance and the disappointment that followed at every turn, I had all but given up on finding something worthwhile and had long since turned to fanfiction to find the connection I was looking for (Gigolas will forever be my OTP ngl) but with this I was given characters that made me... feel. I found myself honestly intrigued by what would happen next to Ty and Cary.

 Thrown together by the theft of the amulet Ty has just stolen from Cary, the two men go hunting for an organized crime ring to get back what is owed to them. With both men out for themselves in the beginning, it was interesting to see the both of them draw closer together as the novel progressed.

What I liked:

  • Magic 
  • Morally ambiguous characters
  • Humor
  • Realistic gay characters that didn't fall into the typical Top/Bottom dynamic.
  • Bas. Just in general.
What I want in the next book:
  • More explanation on Ty's past
  • More Fae!
  • A proper backstory on Cary's stint in prison
  • More Bas!
  • More jobs for Ty! What good is a magic thief without work?
 In all, I find myself excited for the next instalment of the Fae-touched series and can't wait to see where the boys find themselves next. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on another ARC!

Cheers,
Lexi!

No comments:

Post a Comment